Looking for the Best Controller For Rocket League? Read on to know more about it.
Video gaming has turned really trendy and revolutionary in the last few years. Not only for gaming purposes but also video gaming has become a fruitful source of earning as well.
Many YouTubers are now into live streaming of video games and one of the best examples of any such YouTuber is PewdiePie who has the most subscribed individual channel on youtube.
Passionate gamers are always looking up for a better gaming experience. Are you someone who loves video games such as soccer and racing? What about a blend of both these video games? I hope this will really fascinate you. Yes, there exists a game named Rocket league which is a blend of both these video games.
Now for a better gaming experience, you will always need a controller. Using a keyboard is a thing but that is not considered to be compatible and speedy. In this article, we are going to discuss the best controllers for Rocket League and their features. So, below are the top picked best controllers for rocket league.
- 1 Best Controller For Rocket League
- 1.1 1. Xbox Elite Series 2
- 1.2 2. Razer Raiju Ultimate
- 1.3 3. Dual Shock 4 controller
- 1.4 4. Razer Wolverine Tournament Xbox One Controller
- 1.5 5. Steam Controller
- 1.6 6. XBOX 360 WIRELESS CONTROLLER
- 1.7 7. Nintendo Switch Pro Controller
- 1.8 8. Xbox One Controller
- 1.9 Buying Guide For The Best Controller For Rocket League
- 1.10 Final Words
Best Controller For Rocket League
As the name suggests this controller comes under the Elite series of Xbox controllers. Designed to meet the needs of today’s competitive gamers.
- Audio– Includes 3.5mm stereo headset jack. Also compatible with the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter and all other Xbox controller accessories made by Microsoft.
- Battery– Internal, rechargeable battery with up to 40 hours of battery life per charge. Battery life varies with usage and other factors.
- System requirements –For use with Xbox systems and PCs running Windows 7 or later. Windows 10: requires Bluetooth, included USB cable, or Xbox Wireless adapter (sold separately). Windows 7 or 8.1: requires included USB cable; some functionality not supported. Drivers are available at xbox.com/xboxone/PC-controller.
- This controller has Interchangeable sticks
- Comes with a rubberized grip which adds to comfortable handling and better control
- Shorter hair-trigger locks
- Wireless charging
- Rechargeable (40 hours battery life)
- Due to its amazing features, this controller will not be friendly with your pocket
- Some users also might find it a bit clunky.
The Razer Raiju Ultimate is the wireless PS4 controller that allows advanced customization via their own mobile app.
Whether it’s remapping multi-function buttons or adjusting sensitivity options, you have full control from the palm of your hand.
Also, it comes with interchangeable thumbsticks. You can also enable functions on the fly with a quick control panel, and activate Hair Trigger Mode for quick-firing action. Comes with 3 connectivity modes: PS4, USB, and PC without manual repairing for optimal efficiency. Also features wired mode.
- Interchangeable Thumbsticks– With interchangeable thumbstick heights and shapes, and the choice between a tilting or individual D-Pad layout, customize the Razer Raiju Ultimate for optimal comfort and gameplay.
- Battery- This controller comes with a rechargeable battery with a 11 hours life.
- Control Panel– A quick control panel also provides instant access to important functions, while a secure button lock lets you avoid unintended keypresses.
- Advanced App configuration- Making advanced customization just got a whole lot easier. With its own mobile app, you can remap multi-function buttons and triggers, adjust sensitivity clutch levels or fine-tune the intensity of rumble motors to complete your in-game experience—anytime, anywhere.\
- Bluetooth & Wired Connection– The Razer Raiju Ultimate features both Bluetooth and wired connection. You can also simply switch to wired gameplay during a tournament.
- Compatibility- This controller is compatible with PS4 and PC (Windows® 7 and above)
- Similar to Xbox Elite Series 2 this controller also has Interchangeable sticks.
- Rechargeable battery, wireless connectivity.
- Razer Raiju Ultimate has four additional buttons to areas where your fingers would typically fall to rest. Dubbed M1, M2, M3, M4, the former two are located a little further inward than the L2 and R2 triggers, while the latter are at times all-too easily pressed due to their location at the back. Which makes the controller really handy.
- Not a budget-friendly option as it might cost you up to 170 $.
- Battery life lasts up to 11 hours whereas you can get Xbox Elite Series 2 for almost the same price range and battery life of 40 hours.
The Dualshock 4 controller also comes with wireless connectivity.
The feel, shape, and sensitivity of the dual analog sticks and trigger buttons have been improved to provide a greater sense of control, no matter what you play.
- The DualShock 4 Wireless Controller features a built-in speaker and stereo headset jack, putting several new audio options in the player’s hands
- The Dualshock 4 wireless controller can be easily recharged by plugging it into your PlayStation 4 system, even when in rest mode, or with any standard charger using a USB cable (type A to micro B sold separately)
- The new multi-touch and clickable touchpad on the face of the DualShock 4 Wireless Controller opens up worlds of new gameplay possibilities for both newcomers and veteran gamers
- Solid, high-quality build
- Very ergonomic
- Quiet and responsive D-pad
- Accurate and comfortable analog sticks
- Triggers still feel slippy, although not as much as before
- The lightbar cannot be disabled
- Not all features available on PC
The Razer Wolverine tournament Xbox one controller is well known for its rapid and high-speed performance.
With its hair-trigger mode activated, the mechanical stop-switches greatly reduce travel distance to the two main triggers.
So all you need to do is press slightly to instantly launch full rapid fire.
- Detachable 10 ft / 3 m lightweight braided fiber cable with Micro-USB connector\
- 4 Remappable Multi Function Buttons: Comes with an additional 2 multi-function bumpers and 2 multi-function triggers
- Fully syncs with popular games, Razer hardware, Philips Hue, and gear from 30 plus partners, completely customizable through Razer Synapse for Xbox
- Compatible with the app configuration
- Comes with trigger stop function which reduces trigger latency by removing the travel distance required past the usual activation point of the trigger.
- No wireless connectivity
- No battery hence no charging facility as this controller only comes in a wired version.
- No interchangeable thumbsticks
Stream Controller allows you to experience a new level of precise control for your favorite games.
The Steam Controller lets you play your entire collection of Steam games on your TV—even the ones designed without controller support in mind.
The Steam Controller is a good console that will help you to play games for hours with total comfort.
- A different kind of gamepad: Stream Controller is built with high precision input technologies that has its great focus on low-latency, wireless performance; it enables you to experience your games in powerful new ways.
- Dual Trackpads: Dual trackpads allow the high-fidelity input required for precise PC gaming in the living room.
- HD haptics: Haptic force actuators on both sides of the controller deliver precise, high fidelity vibrations measured in microseconds.
- Dual stage triggers: It comes with the dual-stage triggers that allows the gamer to use analog, digital, and both of these at the same time.
- Ergonomic control: Each of the buttons in this controller are being positioned on the basis of usage frequency, ergonomic comfort and required conditions.
- Dual trackpads
- Configurable controls
- Local multiplayer compatibility
- USB 2.0 via Micro USB Port ( cable included)
- Better suited for PC gaming use than PS4
- May require steam for full functionality
Xbox 360 is a great controller that comes with both wired and wireless adaptations. Its design allows you to control and customize.
It is supposed to be an ideal controller for large hands. Xbox 360 Wireless Controllers help you get into the game like never before.
Together with up to three friends, you can take complete control of the fun and play anywhere in the room (up to 30-foot range).
- Equipped with 2x battery compartments
- ideal controller for large hands
- Amazing Battery
- D-pad in ‘plus’ formatD-pad in ‘plus’ format
- Ideal for large hands
- Raised D-pad
- Great value for money and budget friendly.
- No wireless dongle.
The Nintendo Switch Pro Controller takes your gaming to the next level. It includes motion controls, HD rumble, built-in amiibo functionality, and more.
Nintendo Switch is designed to go wherever you do, transforming from a home console to a portable system in a snap.
So you get more time to play the games you love, the way you like. It is more like a traditional gamepad. It provides a better grip to adult players.
- Take your gaming sessions up a notch with the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller
- Includes motion controls, HD rumble, built-in amiibo functionality, and more
- Battery-powered design for tangle-free operation
- Lightweight construction ensuring comfort during long-lasting gaming sessions
- Compatible with Nintendo Switch, Nintendo Switch Lite
- Excellent battery life ( up to 40 hours)
- Better grip for adults
- Does Not work with every game.
- Enhanced Trigger Buttons: The enhanced trigger buttons offer the player the enhanced gaming performance and experience
- Fast Charge Optimized: With its high performance battery, this controller can work for 12 hours with a 2-3 hours charging.
- Turbo Speed Up: With this feature, you do not need to press the buttons so many times and could still win the game. You can perform more functions and operations in the game with convenience.
- Just Plug and Play: With 32ft wireless range, this controller is compatible with xbox one, xbox one S, xbox one X and PC. You can enjoy the newly streamlined Xbox one controller and also, can experience the freedom to play your games wherever you want.
- Customizable according to your preference
- Amazing sleek design
- Comes with great features
- High power consumption
Buying Guide For The Best Controller For Rocket League
- Wired vs Wireless: Choosing a wired or wireless controller totally depends on your requirement. A wireless controller may be perfectly good if you’re a casual player who requires more freedom. It is also good for those gamers whose setup and seat are really far from each other. You must always consider wired or wireless that can be directly plugged into your device. It generally helps to lower the latency to some point.
- Latency: Most of the controllers mentioned above have the lowest latency. You need to consider this feature if you’re opting for a wireless controller as the wireless controllers may tend to increase the lag level. A game with lag is not at all good, it may spoil your mood. So, to avoid this issue you should choose the controller with low latency.
- Customizable: This is very important to look into while buying the best controller for rocket league. A controller that can be customized adds to its features. While buying the controller for yourself, always prefer the controller that can allow you to reconfigure every button, also the touchpad. Most importantly, it must allow you to configure the settings of sensitivity of the triggers,
- Battery Life: Choose a controller with an amazing battery. It will not only allow you to play your game for a longer duration of time and will reduce the charging time. Some of them also come with a rechargeable battery (lithium) and a charging cable. Others may come with a disposable battery that does not require the use of cable.
- Ergonomics: When choosing a controller, you may consider the most important fact i.e. whether it is comfortable with your hands or not. So, choose wisely or it would be a waste of money.
- Weight: You must go for a controller that is light in weight. If you are buying a controller with heavyweight, it might strain your hands.
- Design: The design of the controller, its button, and responsiveness also play a great role. A controller may have a rough surface to give a good grip or can also have a smooth surface to ease the transformation from one key to another.
So, we hope that now you might be able to choose the best controller for rocket league and will be able to spice up your gaming performance. If you are still confused, refer to the buying guide mentioned above.
Since it is a personal choice, there’s nothing more to write as final words. You may go for the controller that suits your gaming requirement and your budget.
The above-mentioned controllers are exclusive and have amazing features. We hope that you will have the best gaming experience. Also, not all these controllers may work with all the systems.
All the above controllers will provide you the highest performance with fascinating features and different price ranges.
Check out our other posts: